The Hike to Fairy Castle will take place on Saturday 13th May.
Assemble in Tibradden Forest car park at 9.45am
Hike should finish approx 2pm at the starting point.
There is no public transport to Tibradden Forest car park / Pine Forest. Also the mobile phone signal is not good in this area. If you log into the web link below you can get directions.
· Basically follow the R116 from the Yellow House Pub.
· At first roundabout go straight through and you will pass Edmondstown Golf Club on your left
· Follow on going under the M50 Bridge; you will pass The Merry Ploughboy Pub on your left.
· Continue on until you come to a junction on a sharp bend in the road.
· Keep left here heading for Glencullen still on the R116 and the entrance to the car park is just 200yards up on your left hand side.
Regarding what to bring on the day
· Walking shoes or boots that have a good grip as it can get slippy at this time of year. (Not runners)
· Warm socks and a spare pair in their rucksack
· Track bottoms or loose trousers.
· Long-sleeved top and two underlayers
· Warm jacket and hat that will cover their ears as it can get very windy and cold.
· Pair of gloves.
· Rain gear
· Small lunch and a warm drink
· 2 small bottles of water 500ml (Small bottle is easer to carry)
· Antibacterial hand gel. One 50ml bottle can be shared between a few people. No need to go to unnecessary expense.
· Toilet paper
· Rucksack or school bag to carry your gear. It’s very important to keep the weight down. Don’t bring unnecessary items.